The Annenberg Institute at Brown University is seeking a Research Data Specialist to join our team. The Annenberg Institute aims to improve and equalize educational opportunities, in part, through new knowledge generated by the establishment of researcher-practitioner partnerships. Annenberg has research partnerships with several school districts throughout the country, as well as local connections with educational agencies in Rhode Island. The primary responsibility of the Research Data Specialist will be to clean and organize data from these partnerships as well as coordinating data transfers, writing data documentation, and answering questions about the data for other Brown University researchers that are working with the data. In addition, the Research Data Specialist will manage National Center for Education Statistics data and support Annenberg's Working Paper Repository.
- Master’s degree in education, statistics, data science, a social science discipline, or another data intensive field, or a Bachelor’s degree plus relevant experience.
- Significant experience with Stata statistical software is required. Proficiency with other statistical software is beneficial but the majority of work will be completed in STATA.
- Experience in quantitative data management and analysis. Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including data structures, record layouts, and file structures.
- Experience planning and executing quality assurance/data validation systems for large data sets.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in education research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically Word, and Excel.
- Experience with version control and research replication processes.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively on multiple projects.
- Graduate level coursework or experience in econometric methods helpful but not required.
- Extreme attention to detail required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal and education records check satisfactory to Brown.