Following a report conducted by a team from Johns Hopkins, Rhode Island's Education Commissioner announced last month a state takeover of the Providence Public School District (PPSD). The original report, released in June, painted a picture of grim academic conditions and shocking building maintanence across the school district.
Join the Education Department and the Annenberg Institute for School Reform to learn more. Hear from a local journalist and current PPSD teachers, students, and administrators. And find out how to get involved to advance education equity in the lives of students and families in Providence. You can make a difference and now is the time!
- Victor Capellan, Senior Adviser to the Rhode Island Education Commissioner
- Barbara Mullen, Director of the Center for Leadership and Educational Equity’s (CLEE) Learning Leader Network
- Travis Escobar, Member of the PPSD School Board, and PSSD Graduate
- Carol Pagan, Teacher at Alfred Lima School
- Dan McGowan, Reporter, The Boston Globe
Open to all Brown University students.
Reception to follow. Registration encouraged: tinyurl.com/yykpmm47