The Education Coordinator will collect, organize, and disseminate opportunities for the Brown community’s involvement in K12 education. The incumbent will support Brown’s partnerships with Providence Public Schools and other K-12 schools in RI’s urban core. This position will work to align programs and activities with the mission and goals of the University and to connect the Brown campus to programs and opportunities that enhance child, student and family success. This position will be based at the Annenberg Institute for School Reform.
- Develops, manages, schedules, and implements partnership opportunities in local schools and nonprofits and communicates these opportunities to Brown students and campus community members
- Regularly collect and disseminate information on University initiatives, faculty projects, and student group activities related to K-12 education
- Coordinates various events, enrichment opportunities independently and/or jointly with local organizations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience working in K-12 education, higher education, or both or other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Brown University, Providence Public Schools, or both is preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience convening meetings, setting agendas and working in partnership with diverse collaborators.
- Facility with databases and information management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with community-based organizations
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal and education records check satisfactory to Brown.
Click here for more information on how to apply.