The Annenberg Institute is seeking a Research Associate and/or Research Project Manager to work with the faculty Principal Investigators (PIs) of the Annenberg Institute, professors of Education, partner organizations, and members of the Annenberg Institute project teams to support and collaborate on education research projects. The Research Associate/Research Project Manager will support research projects by engaging in data collection and analysis efforts, managing research studies, and writing academic papers and policy reports. Major responsibilities include helping design and implement original research with one or more partners; conducting data analysis; and supporting faculty and affiliates in writing, proofreading and editing academic papers and presentations, policy reports, and grants. This position requires a strong independent work ethic, interest in education, and quantitative research skills.
The Research Associate/Research Project Manager will primarily support Annenberg’s work as part of the Research Partnership for Professional Learning (RPPL). RPPL is an assembly of professional learning organizations that aims to accelerate field-wide learning through collaboration across organizations by generating a stronger knowledge base around “What Works in Teacher Professional Learning” and translating this knowledge into practice across the nation to advance educational equity. Specifically, RPPL aims to:
- identify a shared learning agenda
- design studies, tests and experiments intended to seek evidence-based, optimal content for K-12 teacher professional learning in a range of subjects,
- seek evidence-based, optimal methodology for conveying that content to teachers,
- determine tools for measuring the impact of this work,
- develop programs for the practical, scaled application of this work and
- analyze and share the internal research findings of the Practitioner Partners
The Research Associate will support key administrative management roles for RPPL.
In addition to the Research Associate responsibilities described above, a Research Associate/Research Project Manager will also work more independently to ensure the completion of projects’ short and long-term goals on time, coordinate the research team’s work, manage planning and implementation grants, coordinate among researchers, organizations and funders, and establish and/or maintain relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
- A strong quantitative background
- Experience with statistical software, e.g., in Stata, Python, and R to analyze data using economic tools
- Excellent judgement and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Skills with Google suite apps
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Training and expertise in utilizing quantitative research methods
- Experience in working with complex data sets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience collecting data from stakeholder interviews
- Experience with data management and statistical analysis
- Investment in the mission of the RPPL
- Candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience for Research Associate
Bachelor’s degree in education, economics or related social science fields and 2-3 years of research experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education and Experience for Research Associate/Research Project Manager
- Master’s Degree and 2-3 years of research experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in project management, facilitation, leadership, and project design
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
The hire level of the candidate will be determined based on the qualifications of the candidate. All applications will be considered for both opportunities.All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification.